Research assistant/associate/scientist positions are available immediately at the NeuMoDx™. As a member of the assay development team you will be involved with all aspects of assay development, including assay design, reagent preparation, nucleic acid isolation and amplification, clinical sample testing, and assay verification. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with assay development; real-time PCR, nucleic acid purification; GLP and GMP concepts and the production of FDA approved IVD products. In addition to experience, an ability to think ‘outside of the box’ and create novel solutions to challenging problems and at the same time adhering to established lab protocols strictly is very much desired. Although, the successful candidate must work well in team settings, s/he must be able to work independently to assure the completion of project timelines.
• Develop and validate novel nucleic acid preparation/purification strategies for implementation on the NeuMoDx™ proprietary platform
• Implement and validate real-time PCR (and other amplification assays) for in-vitro diagnostic applications
• Assist in the implementation of all bench-scale assays onto the NeuMoDx™ systems as well as the transfer of developed assays from R&D to manufacturing
• Participate in design and review meetings and critically evaluate design and/or implementation plans
• B.S/M.S in Biochemistry, Microbiology or Molecular Biology
• 3–5 years of relevant work experience – ideally in the in-vitro diagnostic industry. Familiarity with GLP and GMP concepts
• Hands-on experience with current nucleic acid isolation and purification strategies
• Familiarity with design, development and validation of real-time PCR assays
• Experience with handling pathogenic bacteria and clinical samples
• Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills and the ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced multidisciplinary setting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint for data analysis and report generation a must
NeuMoDx™ offers an entrepreneurial working environment and a competitive salary and benefits package featuring, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and medical/dental plans.
For consideration, please submit resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the job description in the subject. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
** NeuMoDx™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Ann Arbor, MI Start Date: Early 2018.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, NeuMoDx™ requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its business. NeuMoDx™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.