NeuMoDx Molecular Inc. (“NMDX”) designs and develops revolutionary molecular diagnostic solutions for hospital and clinical reference laboratories. Our patented, ‘sample-to-result’ platform offers market-leading ease of use, true continuous random-access, and rapid turnaround time while achieving optimal operational and clinical performance for our customers and the patients they serve. In addition to focusing design and development efforts on tests to detect Sexually Transmitted and Infectious Diseases, NMDX has developed and will commercialize a broad range of general purpose reagents and consumables for use by customers in developing qualitative and quantitative Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs) for use with the NMDX Molecular Systems to detect and amplify DNA and RNA targets.
A Research Assistant position is available immediately with NeuMoDx. As a member of the assay development team you will be involved with all aspects of assay development, including assay design, reagent preparation, nucleic acid isolation and amplification, clinical sample testing, and assay verification. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with assay development; real-time PCR, nucleic acid purification; GLP and GMP concepts and the production of FDA approved IVD products. In addition to experience, an ability to think ‘outside of the box’ and create novel solutions to challenging problems and at the same time adhering to established lab protocols strictly is very much desired. Although, the successful candidate must work well in team settings, s/he must be able to work independently to assure the completion of project timelines.
- Develop and validate novel nucleic acid preparation/purification strategies for implementation on the NMDx proprietary platform
- Implement and validate real-time PCR (and other amplification assays) for in-vitro diagnostic applications
- Assist in the implementation of all bench-scale assays onto the NMDX systems as well as the transfer of developed assays from R&D to manufacturing
- Participate in design and review meetings and critically evaluate design and/or implementation plans
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- B.S/M.S in Biochemistry, Microbiology or Molecular Biology
- 1–3 years of relevant work experience, ideally in the in-vitro diagnostic industry, and familiarity with GLP and GMP concepts
- Hands-on experience with current nucleic acid isolation and purification strategies
- Familiarity with design, development and validation of real-time PCR assays
- Experience with handling pathogenic bacteria and clinical samples
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills and the ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced multidisciplinary setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint for data analysis and report generation a must
- Knowledge of GLP, ISO, and QSR requirements for IVD products
NMDx offers an entrepreneurial working environment and a competitive salary and benefits package featuring paid time off, 401k with company match, disability insurance and medical/dental plans.
For consideration, please submit CV & salary requirements to email@example.com and mention the job description in the subject. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.