NeuMoDx Molecular Inc. (“NMDX”) designs and develops revolutionary molecular diagnostic solutions for hospital and clinical reference laboratories. Our patented, ‘sample-to-result’ platform offers market-leading ease of use, true continuous random-access, and rapid turnaround time while achieving optimal operational and clinical performance for our customers and the patients they serve. In addition to focusing design and development efforts on tests to detect Sexually Transmitted and Infectious Diseases, NMDX has developed and will commercialize a broad range of general purpose reagents and consumables for use by customers in developing qualitative and quantitative Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs) for use with the NMDX Molecular Systems to detect and amplify DNA and RNA targets.
R&D (Systems) Engineer
An R&D (Systems) Engineer position is available immediately with NeuMoDx. In this critical role, you will play an integral part in all aspects of systems development – requirements definition/design/development of electromechanical systems and sub-systems, integration/troubleshooting of electromechanical systems and manufacturing processes, development of V&V and quality test protocols as well as reliability testing for
real-time control systems, encompassing modules for thermal control, fluorescence detection, fluidic manipulation, precision motion control and liquid handling. You will coordinate the proper interpretation of complex specifications and performance characteristics & communicate technical/commercial issues promptly.
- Requirements definition & development of software controlled electromechanical sub-assemblies and overall system
- Define and lead execution of design control activities compliant with FDA QSR and IVD/MDD within the Systems Development group
- Lead integration of sub-systems onto automated system platform and subsequent V&V activities
- Assistance with overall project management
- Troubleshoot sub-system & system failures
- Develop manufacturing and quality testing protocols
- Lead risk management activities
- Act as administrator for defect tracking system
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- M.S in an engineering discipline (or B.S. with additional experience) with 2-4 years of experience with increasing responsibility
- Experience with complex software-controlled electromechanical instrument development and automation
- A background in working with assay development groups & leading efficient transfer of biochemical assays on to automated platforms is highly desired
- Working experience in in-vitro diagnostics environment is a strong plus
- Outstanding scientific, communication and organizational skills are a must
- Should be comfortable with handling bio-hazardous materials (training provided)
- Experience in hazard analysis and overall risk management
- Experience using defect tracking systems
NMDx offers an entrepreneurial working environment and a competitive salary and benefits package featuring paid time off, 401k with company match, disability insurance and medical/dental plans.
For consideration, please submit CV & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the job description in the subject. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.