NeuMoDx Molecular Inc. (“NMDX”) designs and develops revolutionary molecular diagnostic solutions for hospital and clinical reference laboratories. Our patented, ‘sample-to-result’ platform offers market-leading ease of use, true continuous random-access, and rapid turnaround time while achieving optimal operational and clinical performance for our customers and the patients they serve. In addition to focusing design and development efforts on tests to detect Sexually Transmitted and Infectious Diseases, NMDX has developed and will commercialize a broad range of general purpose reagents and consumables for use by customers in developing qualitative and quantitative Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs) for use with the NMDX Molecular Systems to detect and amplify DNA and RNA targets.
An Applications Scientist position is available immediately with NeuMoDx Molecular. As a key member of the commercial team, you will provide technical direction and support to customers on instrument operation, assay integration and maintenance of company products. Responsible for technical training, applications discussions, scientific exchanges, and troubleshooting/problem solving of customer issues. Scientifically support customers in implementing IVD products as well as transition of laboratory developed tests (LDTs) onto the NeuMoDx Systems. The ideal candidate will have excellent background in molecular biology/biochemistry as well as familiarity with the testing and integration of complex systems. We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with a knack for problem solving in both team and independent settings.
- Demonstrate the use of and train current and potential customers on NeuMoDx Molecular Systems, software, reagents
- Continuously monitor customer satisfaction and initiate activities for continual improvement
- Rapidly respond to external customer scientific inquiries via multiple channels and participate in scientific exchange to discuss assay applications, diagnose issues, suggest troubleshooting solutions
- For LDT customers, assist in the migration of bench-scale techniques into fully automated procedures run on the NeuMoDx Systems
- Identify, confirm, and interpret instrument performance issues related to integration of individual assays; communicate issues cross-functionally and provide suggestions, solutions, and/or test plans for resolution.
- Recognize and communicate trends in product issues and their impacts on customers, serving as the voice of the customer to communicate product use/preferences ensuring continuous improvement in product design and usability.
- Maintain documentation of scientific exchanges, record analyses and interpretation of experimental data and produce required training and educational material
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or related field with 3-6 years of relevant work experience. Previous customer-facing experience in a service/support function is highly desired.
- Extensive experience with current nucleic acid isolation and purification techniques from a variety of clinical specimens and pathogenic organisms.
- Must be able to travel up to ~40%
- Adaptability to work within new environments, cultures, processes and clinical settings and under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills to understand and solve complex, interrelated issues between assay chemistry, reagents, consumables, hardware, and software.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite for data analysis, documentation, and presentation
- Familiarity with GLP, ISO, and QSR requirements for IVD products
NMDx offers an entrepreneurial working environment and a competitive salary and benefits package featuring paid time off, 401k with company match, disability insurance and medical/dental plans.
For consideration, please submit CV & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the job description in the subject. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.