NeuMoDx Molecular Inc (“Company”) is a development stage company dedicated to developing vastly superior solutions for molecular diagnostic (MDx) testing in hospital and clinical reference laboratory settings. The NeuMoDx 500 Molecular IVD System will offer improved ease of use, lower costs and higher performance as compared to any other random access, continuous loading system for nucleic acid testing.
Dedicated and talented employees are the key to our long term success at NeuMoDx Molecular. Teamwork, innovation, perseverance, attention to detail, and the passion to develop the best possible molecular diagnostic solution are core values that we absolutely cherish here at NeuMoDx and drive the product development team on a day to day basis.
We are committed to providing the best possible environment for maximum development and goal achievement for all employees. Most importantly, communication is key, we adhere to the open door policy and constantly strive to maintain a collegial, collaborative environment.
Service Engineer (or Technician)
A Service Engineer position is available immediately within NeuMoDx Molecular Inc. As a key member of an innovative product development team, you will be a key resource for servicing in-vitro molecular diagnostic instruments. The primary role encompasses service procedure development, hands-on trouble-shooting and repair of internal and external instruments, and support of a depot repair operation. A secondary role includes testing and troubleshooting during instrument manufacturing final test. All activities need to be compliant with medical device regulations. The successful applicant should have significant experience in service and support of electro-mechanical medical instruments, preferably IVD instruments. The ideal candidate is hands-on, works well in teams and in individual settings, and has excellent trouble-shooting skills. Travel is expected to be light in Q2 2017 and increase to a level around 30% in the 2nd half of 2017.
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineers to develop part numbers and required documentation for spares.
- Order spare modules and components, as needed, and work with operations for rapid shipping.
- Work with mechanical engineers to develop packaging for spares.
- Help develop service procedures, which include trouble-shooting, repair, and qualification.
- Help operations develop a depot repair function within the operations organization.
- Perform hands-on testing & troubleshooting of internal R&D instruments, as well as external installed instruments, such as instruments running clinical studies.
- Work with R&D engineers to develop preventive maintenance guidelines and procedures.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- B.S. in technical field (or equivalent experience) with 5-10 years of experience with increasing responsibility in a service function.
- Strong background in trouble-shooting analytical instruments.
- Ability to use trouble-shooting equipment such as digital multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
- Expertise working in cross-functional teams, as part of the service team.
- Basic knowledge of optics, fluidics, temperature control, motion control, and software is desired.
NMDx offers an entrepreneurial working environment and a competitive salary and benefits package featuring stock options, paid time off, 401k with company match, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, and medical/dental plans.
For consideration, please submit CV & salary requirements to email@example.com and mention the job description in the subject. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.